Explore Food & Farming with Countryside U!
Countryside U is an educational program designed to inspire and inform gardeners, home cooks, farmers, and food producers in Northeast Ohio. Our
classes cover topics ranging from DIY skills like home breadmaking and fermentation to more advanced topics like managing a farm business.
Whether you're looking to start your first vegetable garden or you're an experienced grower ready to take your business to the next level,
we'll help you get your hands dirty. All classes are led by experienced instructors and held in the greater Akron area.
08-Apr-2017 CommUNITY Yoga Play
Start your adventure day in Cuyahoga Valley National Park with yoga play and farmers' market fun. Certified yoga teachers from area yoga studios will lead a playful and peaceful 60-minute all-level community yoga class at the start of the market.
Open to ages 7 and up.
Bring a child, parent, friend or sibl.. Click For More Info 105165
18-Apr-2017 Countryside Local Food Swap - April 2017
Countryside Local Food Swaps are gatherings of cooks, bakers, brewers, growers, and general DIYers; they bring homemade and homegrown items to swap via silent auction style bidding. Visit the Countryside Local Food Swap page (http://www.cvcountryside.org/learn-countryside-local-food-swaps.htm) on our website to le.. Click For More Info 115740
Here's what's coming
- Exploring the Small Farm Dream: Is farming right for you? Winter 2017
- Farm Business Series: The Business of Business Planning & Finance - Winter 2017
- Farm Tech Series: Weeds, Equipment, Fencing- Winter 2017
- Crafting Cocktails series - learn to craft different concoctions at every class! - Seasonal
- The Art of Food - Expressions of food beyond the palate Spring 2017
- Countryside Kids - Youth learning around healthy Eating at the Countryside Farmers' Market
Check back for dates and details!
To stay up to date...